(PHP 4, PHP 5)
checkdnsrr — Check DNS records corresponding to a given Internet host name or IP address
bool checkdnsrr ( string $host [, string $type = "MX" ] )
host may either be the IP address in dotted-quad notation or the host name.
type may be any one of: A, MX, NS, SOA, PTR, CNAME, AAAA, A6, SRV, NAPTR, TXT or ANY.
Returns TRUE if any records are found; returns FALSE if no records were found or if an error occurred.
||This function is now available on Windows platforms.
||TXT type was added.
||AAAA type was added.
For compatibility with Windows before this was implemented, then try the » PEAR class » Net_DNS.
- dns_get_record() - Fetch DNS Resource Records associated with a hostname
- getmxrr() - Get MX records corresponding to a given Internet host name
- gethostbyaddr() - Get the Internet host name corresponding to a given IP address
- gethostbyname() - Get the IPv4 address corresponding to a given Internet host name
- gethostbynamel() - Get a list of IPv4 addresses corresponding to a given Internet host name
- the named(8) manual page